Board Meeting Minutes from July 30, 2018


Lakeland Lacrosse Association Board of Directors Meeting

Monday July 30, 2018 7 pm

Location: Bonnyville Centennial Centre,

Bonnyville, Alberta

Minutes

1. Call to order and approval of agenda

Meeting called to order at 7:10. Not enough members present for a quorum. 

 

2. Approval of the Minutes for the Board of Directors meeting held on May 25th, 2018

Not enough members present for a quorum. 

 

3. Business arising from the Minutes
a) Introduction of new Board 

New members present - Bruce & Tricia

b) FolliottNiedermaier award plaques 

Have be awarded to Zayden Blake and Mason Wild. Mike Groves will be presented at a later date. 

 

4. Financial Reports- Tammy B
a) Treasures report - verbal

Bank account sitting at 46,770, with outstanding fees of $25,820.

Discuss Jr team with new board. 

b) Financial report spreadsheets

 

 

5. Registration updates - Violet
a) Box - Registration 

Not in attendance - No report

b) Field - 

No attempt at field lacrosse this season

 

6. Discipline Committee Report - Tammy P.

Not in attendance - No report

 

7. Equipment Report - Jody Oliver

Not in attendance - No report - Goalie equipment must be professionally cleaned prior to next season. How many newjerseys will be purchased this year? Suggested Tyke, Novice and Bantam.

 

8. Division Director Reports 
a. Mini Tyke/Tyke - Tamara (Not in attendance - No report)
b. Novice - Amy Great season - Will remain as Novice director Interim until position can be filled.
c. Pee Wee - Violet (Not in attendance - No report)
d. Girls - Leah Nothing to report
e. Bantam - Melissa - Went well, nothing to report
f. Midget - Melissa - Went well, nothing to report

 

9. Floor Time Reports- Mike- CL /Violet- BV (Not in attendance - No report) 

 

10. Technical Director report - Mike (Not in attendance - No report) Suggested to have Jrs go to schools to increase interest. 

 

11. Media and Merchandise report - Kerri (Not in attendance - No report) Discuss online ordering, Pj purchases for christmas, turnaround time, and the supplier for the RAMS apparel. Reviews on Dennis and should we continue using him?

 

12. Sponsorship report - Tammy P - Not in attendance - reported ½ estimated income from roadside cleanup (no attendance - bad timing), and made $1000 + recycling and tips from Rodeo. Discuss motor cross event for next year.

 

13. Tournament report -Amy - Tyke festival reffing was a serious issue. Must be addressed for future tyke games. Icemelterbrought in $14,000 after expenses. Next meeting - Suggest for next year to make teams pay up front to avoid schedule changes and dropouts. Discuss possibility of incorporating home team’s tournament fees into registration costs, as they are the hardest to collect funds from. Discuss which tournaments we would like to host next year.

 

14. Referee Liaison Report - B.J. (Not in attendance - No report)

 

15. Junior Report - Dennis/Daryl (Not in attendance - No report)

 

16. Field Lacrosse report - (N/A)

 

17. Committee updates

 

18. New Business/ Decision Items

 

 

a) Sign up for Community Registration nights - Need people to volunteer to attend Cold Lake and BonnyvilleCommunity registration days, suggested branch out to St. Paul and Glendon as well. Suggested to book field house for initiation hockey tournament - lots of kids in equipment to recruit! First Nations recruiting should be discussed as well. 

 

b) Volunteer Policy needed - Will discuss at next meeting. 

 

c) Float for Canada day and Christmas parades 

 

d) ALA AGM - When and where? Who’s going? - Coaches to sign proxies prior. 

 

 

19. Discussion items

 

a) Spectator Liaison, log sheet needs to be used - Wheatland to implement
b) Raising costs for midget players to accommodate for 90 minute floor time - Discussed should the time be increased? Floor times should be monitored. Were we charged for extra time this season? 
c) General conversation on how the season went. - Webmaster to update site with bylaws and policies. Update meeting minutes. 

 

 

20. Additional items
a) President and Secretary to sign meeting minutes Secretary not in attendance
b) Sign cheques - 

 

21. Adjournment - Adjourned at 8:28

 

Upcoming meetings and events

Next two Board of Directors meetings are in Cold Lake - 27 Sept, 7pm at Bordeleau’s Cabinets. 

 

Annual General Meetings

• LLA AGM 
• ALRA AGM 
• ALA AGM
• WLA AGM
• RMLL AGM

 

Committee Meetings

• Registrations fees Committee
• Bylaws/Policies Committee  
• Discipline Committee -
• Annual Ice Melter Committee
• Year End BBQ Committee 
• Canada Day/Santa Clause Parade Committee

 

Community Registration Nights

• Cold LakeBonnyvilleSt Paul, Glendon

 

Fundraising opportunities

• M.D. of Bonnyville Road side clean up Saturday June 20th,2018
• Bonnyville Rodeo Dance Saturday July 28th,2018

 

Camps

WANT TO
GET IN THE GAME?

Tell your Team Manager to turn
RAMP Team on!

RAMP Ads

Do you want to reach thousands of users across hundreds of Minor Sports Association websites? Advertising with RAMP has never been easier! Get in touch with us now to discuss your needs.