Board Meeting Minutes from September 27,2018


Lakeland Lacrosse Association Board of Directors Meeting

Thursday September 27, 2018 7 pm

Location: Cold Lake Energy Centre,

Cold Lake, Alberta

Agenda

1. Call to order and approval of agenda

Mike Groves Board President, called the meeting to order at 7:07 pm

Moved by: Tammy Brown     Seconded by: Amy Martin

Directors in Attendance:

          President - Mike Groves

         Dennis Hodinsky - Junior’s

         Vice-President - Crystal Frey

          Bruce Bordeleau - Discipline

Secretary - Kerri Blake

Daryl Hodinsky - Referee Mentor

         Treasurer - Tammy Brown

Amy Martin - Peewee Director and Media

Tamara Nawrot - Mini-Tyke/Tyke Director

Melissa Bibeau - Bantam/Midget Director

          Tricia Gick - Webmaster

           Liz McPhee - Tournament Director

          Leah Palmer

 

2. Approval of the Minutes for the Board of Directors meeting held on May 25th, 2018

 

3. Business arising from the Minutes:
a) Introduction of new Board 

New members present

 

b) FolliottNiedermaier award plaques 

Award to be handed out to Mike Groves - Daryl presented award to Mike Groves

 

4. Financial Reports- Tammy B
a) Treasurer’s report - verbal
Outstanding balances - referee fees, referee reimbursements, ALA Junior fees and RMLL referee fees
b) Financial report spreadsheets

Tammy Brown suggested we set up a volunteer committee - she will bring a proposal to the next meeting including fees and costs (spreadsheet)

Do we raise registration to cover the cost of volunteer time???

Volunteering puts our association name out into the community.

- TABLED to the next board meeting

 

 

5. Registration updates - Violet - not in attendance
a) Box - Registration 

Mike Groves informed everyone about the upcoming Canlax 4 on 4 tournament in Edmonton - ALA NOT SANCTIONED tournament - no insurance - you will NOT be allowed to take Lakeland Heat gear here

Mike stated that the Wheatland will be increasing the amount of games in regular season to 12 games - including weekend games - WILL NEED TO INCREASE FEES DUE TO THIS

b) Field - nothing to report

 

6. Discipline Committee Report - Bruce (Tammy Pettigrew not in attendance)
There was a novice boy that was suspended for next year ( 2 games)
There was a junior player that was suspended for next year (2 games)
It’s $300 non-refundable to appeal the decision

 

7. Equipment Report - Jody Oliver (not in attendance)

- Goalie equipment must be professionally cleaned prior to next season.

How many new jersey’s will be purchased this year?  suggested Tyke, Novice and Bantam levels

Group photo was taken and sent to Tim Horton’s thanking them for the sponsorship for the mini tyke jersey’s

Equipment room needs to be cleaned up - Dennis, Tamara and Tricia volunteered to help clean up this room

Motion to get rid of the old apparel: Daryl motioned and Amy Martin seconded

Mike will talk to Jody to see if he’s still interested in the position

 

8. Division Director Reports/Coaches Proxy’s Required

** ALL PROXY’S NEEDED FROM THE HEAD COACHES FROM THE PAST SEASON - NOV 1, 2018 DEADLINE - NEEDED FOR ALA MEETING **

Mike Groves to send these out

a. Mini Tyke/Tyke - Tamara
Coaches made the teams equal this season
5:15-6:00 was well received for practice times
Make the referee’s aware of the mini-tyke/tyke rules
Daryl will talk to the young refs (make the call and blow the play down)
b. Novice - Amy 
Season went well and Provincials was a great experience

Vote Lori Geneau in as Novice Director - Crystal motioned and Tricia seconded

c. Pee Wee - Violet not in attendance - nothing to report
d. Girls - Leah 
18 girls peewee/bantam - development came along way
Calgary will tier their girls this upcoming season
ALA development

Vote Leah Palmer in as Girls Director - Crystal motioned and Tamara seconded

e. Bantam - Melissa
Good season 
Issue with numbers will deal with this earlier in the season
f. Midget - Melissa
No issues to report

 

9. Floor Time Reports- Mike- CL /Violet- BV  

Mike Groves stated the north rink will be open March 1 and the new rink at the Energy centre will be the second one out and the old ice last

Tammy Brown to break down the floor time costs for CL and BV and divisions

 

10. Technical Director report - Mike -ALA Support/Junior Support

ALA introduced the Lacrosse TV - great tool and resource

Paul Rai will come out and help

Amy Martin - video volunteer time

Dennis Hodinsky to send out the lacrosse bags to the schools - more exposure - grow the game

2021 Canada Games - Midget

 

11. Media and Merchandise report - Discuss online ordering, PJ purchases for Christmas, turnaround time, and the supplier for the RAMS apparel. Reviews on Dennis and should we continue using him?

 

Kerri reported that everyone liked the new gear from Dennis and there were no issues - turnaround time with the last order was longer than normal - factory shut down for a week and they were busier than usual - Dennis was amazing to deal with - sizers were received for the second order

 

Amy Martin made a motion and seconded by Tammy Brown to use FREDRICK AND FRIENDS CUSTOM LACROSSE STICK AND MEDAL DISPLAY $100 WITH $20 COMING BACK RO THE ASSOCIATION

 

Amy has located fabric for the PJ’s but needs someone to sew them - need to make sure the colors are correct and follow our branding colors

 

 

 

12. Sponsorship report - Tammy P not in attendance

 

13. Tournament report -Amy

 

$13000 profit from the Ice Melter 2018 tournament

Suggest for next year make teams pay up front to avoid schedule changes and dropouts - possible fine for not attending

Discuss possibility of incorporating home team’s tournament fees into registration costs, as they are the hardest to collect funds from.

Discuss which tournaments we would like to host next year.

      -need to get application in to ALA as soon as possible (November 1)

 

14. Referee Liaison Report - Daryl

 

Any issues with a referee contact Daryl directly 
Need more mentorship with our refs
November 1 - referee clinic request and coaches clinic put forward to the ALA
Referee’s good up until April 1, 2019

 

15. Junior Report - Dennis/Daryl great season - 5 years running

 

16. Field Lacrosse report - (N/A)- need someone to promote during box season

 

17. Senior “C” Lacrosse- deadline is November 1, 2018 to ALA - see if there is interest in the area

 

18. Office Rental in Cold Lake Energy Center- Disscusion - what are the costs (quote) Mike will get

 

19. Committee updates - nothing to report

 

20. New Business/ Decision Items

 

 

a) Sign up for Community Registration nights -

 

b) Volunteer Policy needed - 

 

c) Float for Canada day and Christmas parades - Tricia and Amy committee for parade

 

d) ALA AGM - Banff November16-18 - is there any interest in going?

 

Lakeland usually sends 2 people covering their expenses - meetings all day long
Daryl is interested and Mike Groves which is paid by the ALA

 

 

21. Discussion items

 

a) Spectator Liaison, log sheet needs to be used - Wheatland to implement
Spectator Code of Conduct - produce a banner to hang in all the rinks
Crystal motioned and Liz seconded to put up the manners in the rinks
Amy Martin offered to make the banners for free ???

 

b) Raising costs for midget players to accommodate for 90 minute floor time - Discussed should the time be increased? Floor times should be monitored. Were we charged for extra time this season? Tabled until the next meeting

 

c) General conversation on how the season went. - Webmaster to update site with bylaws and policies. Update meeting minutes Tricia will be meeting with Collen to discuss the cross over
d) Wheatland increasing league games to 12 games per year.  With weekend games for months of April/May.  Increase of cost of registration?

 

 

22. Additional items
a) President and Secretary to sign meeting minutes 
b) Sign cheques - Tammy will check who has signing authority

 

23. Adjournment - September 27, 2018 at 9:05 pm

 

Upcoming meetings and events

 

Date: NOVEMBER 29, 2018 @ 7:00 PM Cold Lake AB

 Location: TBD

 

Annual General Meetings

• LLA AGM end of the season May/June 2019
• ALRA AGM 
• ALA AGM - November 16-19, 2018
• WLA AGM - Janaury 13, 2019
• RMLL AGM - November 9, 2018

 

Committee Meetings

• Registrations fees Committee
• Bylaws/Policies Committee  
• Discipline Committee -
• Annual Ice Melter Committee
• Year End BBQ Committee 
• Canada Day/Santa Clause Parade Committee

 

Community Registration Nights

• Cold LakeBonnyvilleSt Paul, Glendon

 

Fundraising opportunities

• M.D. of Bonnyville Road side clean up Saturday June 20th,2018
• Bonnyville Rodeo Dance Saturday July 28th,2018

 

Camps                 - winter camp by Travis Gibbons?

WANT TO
GET IN THE GAME?

Tell your Team Manager to turn
RAMP Team on!

RAMP Ads

Do you want to reach thousands of users across hundreds of Minor Sports Association websites? Advertising with RAMP has never been easier! Get in touch with us now to discuss your needs.