December 11, 2018 meeting


Lakeland Lacrosse Association Board of Directors Meeting

Tuesday December 11, 2018 - 7 pm

Location: Alta Gas Board Room

5511-50 Ave(close to KFC),

Bonnyville, Alberta

Agenda

  • Call to order and approval of agenda In attendance:Rod PettigrewTravis GibbonsDarryl hodinskyMelissa BibeauAmy MartinTricia GickDenny Grzela

 

    1.  
    2.  
    3. Lori Geneau
    4. Leah Palmer
    5. Tamara Nawrot
    6. Violet Lapointe
    7. Tammy Pettigrew
    8. Mike Groves
    9.  
    10. Time:7:20pm
  • Approval of the Minutes for the Board of Directors meeting held on September 27th, 2018Second: Leah Palmer 

 

    1.  
    2.  
    3. Motioned: Tammy Pettigrew
  • Denny talked about peewee a team. -give the parents / players a chance to decide. -what would the cost be associated with this  

 

    1. -mike/violet to talk to lisa about the rules to ala. Will let denny know.
    2. -find out what the ala has for rules on this.
    3. -team would be for skill development. The objective is not for trophies or medals
  • Business arising from the Minutes

 

    1.  
  • Financial Reports- Tammy Brown (not in attendance)

 

  1. Treasures report - verbal
  2. Financial report spreadsheetAfter cheques go out well be sitting at about 18,000 
  3.  
  4.  
  • Registration updates - VioletMidget- add $55 (1. hour practices)Peewee - add $55Tyke -add $25 to $180 (festival included in price)Girls - add $10 to the $90 addon fee for playing on a second teamKeep teams at 1 hour practice, if they want to get extra floor time the cost would be the teams responsibility. This fee would have to be collected in advance and the floor time director for their area needs to know at the beginning of the season. Motioned: Violet Second: AmyRegistration January 1st openAny registration after March 15 there wont be a guarantee for your community  

 

  1.  
  2. --Undated bond cheque of $100 required for the volunteer spots. Tammy will revise the volunteer policy and send it out. Approval to mike via email vote. Motioned: Violet Second: Leah
  3.  
  4. Early bird closes March 1
  5.  
  6.  
  7.  
  8. Mini tyke - increase of $25 as they have own floor time from 5:15-6. New fee $130/hour
  9. Novice - add $55
  10. Bantam - add $55 (1 hour practice)
  11. Prices to increase to cover 4 more practices $60*4=240, 2 more games $90*2=180, 2 more game refs $100*2=200
  1. Field - have a box on registration to see if there is interest in field lacrosse
  2.  
  • Discipline Committee Report - Bruce (not in attendance)

 

    1.  
  • Equipment Report - Jody Oliver (not in attendance)

 

  1. sylvesters offered to clean a goalie bag for $25
  2. still missing some equipment.
  3. order jerseys? Age groups?
  4. Ask Jodi if he would like help with the equipment/jerseys 
  5.  
  6.  
  • Division Director Reports/Coaches Proxy’s Required
  • Mini Tyke/Tyke - Tamara
  • Novice - Lori
  • Pee Wee - Amy
  • Girls - Leah -
  • Bantam - Melissa -
  • Midget - Melissa -
  • Junior-Dennis/Daryl
  • Senior-Travis
    1.  
  • Floor Time Reports- Tamara- CL /Violet- BV

 

  1. a) IceMelter- booked in Energy Center

                                            -season start

                                                -jj par

 

  1.                    b) Drop-ins-start in January maybe a few over Christmas break

 

 

  1. Technical Director report - Mike -ALA Support- $375.00 per day. Do we want to help subside schools
  • 3rd week in January if we want. If we do go ahead with this, which schools do we want to go with. Talk with the town/city/md about helping out.
  •  
  • Media and Merchandise report - Amy   -online ordering?                                                              -wooden logo’s- send the link to triciaGetting the website set up with online orders. Possibly get some stock in standard sizes… maybe we should consider renaming our own sides. Find out from dennis if we can get the sizers again. Motion to order our own sizers

 

    1.  
    2.                                                              - hydro dipping- coffee mugs etc.
    3.                                                              -TRI Hardgear?
  • Sponsorship report - Tammy P - Volunteer policy email

 

  1.  
  2. Tournament report -Liz - Include fees into registration(Lakeland)?                                               -make a poster to send all over Sask and Alberta? 
  3. Liz is no longer with us. Amy has agreed to continue as the tournament director.
  4.                                               -set up advertising
  5. Referee Liaison Report - Daryl
  6.  
  7. Junior Report - Dennis/Daryl
  8.  
  9. Field Lacrosse report - (N/A)- Action Item: need volunteer to promote during box season
  • Need to find volunteer to do during busy box season. Travis has agreed to do a lot of work to get field lacrosse going, but would like someone to help out with the administration side of it.
  •  
  •  
  1. Senior “C” Lacrosse- jersey sample showed. Going to cost $2100 for home, away, and shorts.

 

The old jr jerseys are still around. So maybe they could use those for a year to see if this is going to work out before ordering jerseys. Figure this out with the jrs

 

 

 

 

  • Committee updates

 

    1.  
  • Bylaw/Policy Updates-Tammy P.
  • Meeting attendance?
  • Volunteer policyGoogle docs. Tammy is going to send out all the old and new policies and bylaws. It’s a huge document. Take a look at it and see if there are any changes that need to be made.

 

  1.  

 

  • Webpage Updates
  • President update on price increases?
  • Volunteer Policy?
  • Clothing items in the store
  • A link to the wood decals

 

 

  • New Business/ Decision Items 

 

  1.  
  1. PeeWee “A” team proposal- Mike Deets email - good idea as an extra but not as only on the A team.
  2. Volunteer Policy needed - tammy making revisions of the proposal and sending it out to get approved over email.
  3. Lakeland Connect- Monday Night Sport show- anyone interested in doing this?
  4. City of Cold Lake looking at putting on 4 on 4 tournament at start of March
  5.  

 

 

 

 

  • Discussion items

 

  1.  
  • Spectator Liaison, log sheet needs to be used - Wheatland to implemented
  • Raising costs for midget players to accommodate for 90 minute floor time - discussed above
  • General conversation on how the season went. - Webmaster updates? 

 

  1.  
  • Additional items
  • President and Secretary to sign meeting minutes -

 

  1.  
  • Adjournment - @ 9:30 motioned: amy     second:tammyUpcoming meetings and events TBD 

 

  1. Annual General Meetings
  2. Date:January 13   Location: cold lake energy center
  3.  
  • LLA AGM
  • ALRA AGM- reffing fees stay the same
  • New 4 on 4 regulation and reffing fee
  • ALA AGM - done
  • WLA AGM - Janaury
  • RMLL AGM - November 9-doneCommittee Meetings
  •  
    • Bylaws/Policies Committee
    • Discipline Committee -
  • Annual Ice Melter Committee

WANT TO
GET IN THE GAME?

Tell your Team Manager to turn
RAMP Team on!

RAMP Ads

Do you want to reach thousands of users across hundreds of Minor Sports Association websites? Advertising with RAMP has never been easier! Get in touch with us now to discuss your needs.