Association Bond Cheques/ Volunteering
Each season every family registered with the Lakeland Lacrosse Association must submit a $ 200 undated volunteer bond cheque per player in addition to their registration fees for the season, with the exception of mini tyke lacrosse players. This $200 bond cheque may be refunded with logged evidence, signed by a board representative of volunteer hours submitted to the Association. Association members are responsible for signing up for association volunteer commitments on the Lakeland Lacrosse website at the time of registration. We understand that there are some volunteer opportunities that fall after the close of the initial lacrosse season; however the Association runs year round.
Bond cheques will be collected and recorded by team managers then submitted to the division director at the first team meeting.
- A $200 volunteer bond cheque per player is required to be paid to the Lakeland Lacrosse Association upon registration.
- Every player registered with the Lakeland Lacrosse Association is required to fill one 4 hour volunteer commitment per player; families with two or more players need to fill a 6 hour commitment for the season.
- A member may “opt” out of the association volunteer commitment by clicking on the “opt “out box alternative at the time of registration in which case $200 will be added to the cost of your registration.
- Bond cheques will be collected and recorded by team managers then submitted to the division director
- The association volunteer commitment must be completed with- in the calendar year.
- Unless a player has a formal release from the Association to another organisation or club, volunteer commitments must be completed, any mergers with other clubs are not exempt from volunteering for the association as there players are still registered with the LLA; therefore they are still members of the Lakeland Lacrosse Association.
- A member, who fails to report for their assigned shift to fulfill their volunteer commitments will result in the $200 volunteer bond payment not being given back and deposited to the Lakeland Lacrosse Association.
- Upon completion of volunteer hours bond cheques will be refunded on a specific date(s) set by the treasurer an email will be sent out informing membership of this date.
(Note: The member is responsible for finding a replacement to fulfill their commitment(s).
Association volunteer Exemptions: The following members are exempt from filling a volunteer commitment.
- Current member of the board of directors (Exempt).
- Team managers (Exempt) as they are required to be on the Ice Melter Tournament Committee.
- Head coach plus two assistant coaches per team (Exempt) must be certified for the level they are coaching All Volunteers will be required to sign in and out; volunteer sign in sheets will be emailed to the Treasurer at the end of each shift by an Association representative.
- Community registration nights August/ September (3-4 volunteers needed Bonnyville, Cold Lake, Glendon).
- School visits to promote the game of lacrosse in the Lakeland (2-3 volunteers needed during the week).
- Drop in Lacrosse - teach fundamentals and have fun Dec-Mar in Bonnyville and Cold Lake
- Picture night shifts(2 volunteers needed Bonnyville, Cold Lake)
- Participation on the Ice Melter Tournament Committee or other tournament/festival committee. (10+ volunteers)
- Welcome table/Rink boss/Raffle table /50/50 sellers
- Participation on a Provincial Tournament Committee.(currently unavailable)
- Participation in the M.D of Bonnyville Road side clean- up (kids welcome) May/June 20+ volunteers needed.
- Participation in the July Bonnyville Rodeo dance volunteer night (Bartending, Liquor/Dance ticket sales, clean up and can collection 8 pm-3:30 am, 10+ volunteers per shifts 8 pm-12:00 am and 11:30 am - 3:30 am)
- Cold Lake Motocross Association (Buster Ingram Memorial Raceway flagging personnel 15 volunteers per day (2 days Sat/Sun 8 am -5 pm) JulyNote: Minor official (Penalty Box, Scorekeeper, Time Clock, 30 Second Clock, Spectator Liaison) will not count toward volunteer hours as it is part of helping our players play the game.
- Volunteer hours with your own team events such as a bottle drive or fundraiser will NOT count toward volunteer hours.
- Referees will NOT earn volunteer hours for games officiated as they are paid for their services.
The Lakeland Lacrosse Association is a non-profit organization and relies heavily upon its membership working towards common goals and will not run effectively without help from its membership.